The role of the Child and Adolescent Psychologist is to enhance the clinical services offered at Winnunga AHCS through working in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team in the delivery of psychology services to young clients and their families. This includes work on an individual basis to provide high level clinical consultations and therapeutic support to children, adolescents and their families to address mental health and wellbeing needs.
- Registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
- Eligible for a Medicare provider number
- Sound clinical assessment and treatment skill
- Competency in evidence-based psychological treatments
- Experience in trauma informed practice
- Experience working with and an understanding and commitment to the philosophy and practice of an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service and the ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Canberra City Health Network is looking for a motivated Osteopath to join our team of health professionals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing, multi-disciplinary team that offers a range of services including Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Remedial Massage and Nutrition.
As the successful applicant you will experience:
a busy team environment with over 500 patients through the clinic each week
opportunities for cross referral
a clinic that is focused on ongoing CPD and reflective practice principles
regular mentoring and ongoing professional development
an open door policy in a supportive team environment
By joining our team you can grow your career and be part of our caring collaborative and professional culture. Our competitive salary and our flexible engagement options make this an amazing opportunity.
Experienced Osteopaths and new Graduates are welcome to apply.
The successful applicant must have current unrestricted registration with AHPRA.
2 days per week.
This position will provide consultation and advice on new and existing pharmacological treatments and practices and therapeutic monitoring to improve client care.
- Provide education sessions to upskill Althea team members, medical students and other Directions staff
- Provide information on evidence based practice for new therapeutic treatments and changes to existing treatment regimes
- Provide group education sessions for clients and families e.g. smoking cessation aids and strategies, effective pain management strategies, impact of medications and other substances on sleep
- Facilitate referral pathways to community pharmacies
- Perform medication reviews, file audits and evaluation of prescribing and monitoring practices
- Develop and review medication policies, procedures and guidelines, including for Arcadia House, and ensure medication related practices accord with legislative requirements and best practice guidelines
- Develop and implement strategies to address any systemic issues or individual prescriber discrepancies
- Respond to medicine information queries and concerns from Althea GPs and other clinicians
- Undertake outreach with Althea clinicians and if credentialed, conduct home medication reviews
- Tertiary qualification in Pharmacy with current registration as a pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 2 years post-registration experience in Pharmacy
- Demonstrated sound clinical knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence and facilitate change
- Analytical thinking to make sound judgements and develop appropriate innovative solutions
- Ability to perform work accurately with attention to detail
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
All appointments are conditional upon a satisfactory AFP Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and Australian citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.
Applications including a current CV and covering letter addressing the essential criteria can be emailed to
hr [at] directionshealth.com or made through our website http://www.directionshealth.com/career-opportunities/