Clinical governance is a key component in the role of Capital Health Network. We strive to work towards continually improving the quality and safety of primary health care services in our geographic area by supporting an environment that fosters high quality and safe clinical care.
Clinical governance is the term used to describe a systematic approach to maintain and improve the quality of patient care within the primary health system.
Capital Health Network Clinical Governance Framework
Capital Health Network will provide a level of leadership and support for clinical governance and quality improvement for all primary health practitioners working in the ACT. We aim to influence clinical practices and the right culture for providing excellent quality care programs and services. Capital Health Network is committed to ensuring consumers receive high quality care.
Effective clinical governance has the potential to enable positive changes in the systems and processes of primary health and enhance the quality of care for patients and/or clients.
Capital Health Network Quality and Safety Calendar
To create an awareness of clinical governance Capital Health Network has developed an easy to follow calendar for practices to implement and utilise within their practices. This series of checklists can help create a culture of continuous quality improvement.
Clinical Governance Schedule
- January Checklist Infection Control
- February Checklist Immunisation
- March Checklist Training of Non-Clinical Staff
- April Checklist Qualifications and Professional Development
- May Checklist Obtaining Patient Feedback
- June Checklist Privacy Principles
- Australian Privacy Principles
- Clinical Governance in "Standards for General Practices: 4th edition" RACGP, Standards 3.1 and 3.2 go to pages 68-85
- Clinical Governance in "Standards for General Practices: 4th Edition" RACGP, Appendix go to page 128
- The Australian Open Disclosure Framework in Small Practices
- Consumer Rights Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights | Safety and Quality
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Accessing Medical Records from Health Care Providers
How to access support
For more information and support please contact us on (02) 6287 8099