CHN’s commissioned services:
With COVID-19 changing the health service landscape, it may be difficult to know what community services are still available for individuals to be referred to – particularly for issues surrounding mental health or alcohol and other drugs. You can see the current status of CHN’s commissioned service providers, how you can make referrals and, importantly, who you can contact for more information.
Australian Digital Health Agency:
Mental Health Resources – General:
- Life in Mind
- Head to Health
- NSW Mental Health Commission of New South Wales
- Emerging Minds – Supporting Children during COVID
Mental Health Resources – for Healthcare Workers:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Help when you need it – mental health support for frontline health workers (13 April 2021)
- Black Dog Institute: Weekly mental health check-in for healthcare workers
- Black Dog Institute: Self-care plan for healthcare workers
- Black Dog Institute: Tips to manage anxiety for healthcare workers
- Heads up: Information for health services (also visit this website for further excellent pages/resources for managers, other professions, working with mental health, supporting others, and much more)
Better Access Initiative:
From 7 August 2020 until 31 March 2021, an additional 10 MBS mental health sessions are available to eligible people under the existing Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) initiative.