What is the Immunisation Program?
Capital Health Network Immunisation Program works with stakeholders and supports general practices to deliver quality vaccination services, with the overall goal of improving immunisation coverage rates throughout the ACT area.
What does the Immunisation Program do?
- Assists and encourages general practices to maintain high immunisation coverage in their patient population to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable infectious diseases
- Supports general practices to transfer immunisation encounter information to the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) electronically
- Promotes best practice in immunisation
- Disseminates resources and facilitates interdisciplinary education activities
- Supports best practice in immunisation and vaccine management
What has the Immunisation Program achieved?
- The ACT has remained a national leader in childhood immunisation maintaining childhood coverage rates of around 93%
- The ACT has been above the national average in all three reportable age ranges.
- CHN has facilitated quality education events, delivering immunisation information to GP’s, Practice Nurses and other immunisation providers
Immunisation Clinical Resources
Click here to view our Immunisation Clinical Resources.
Who can help you?
Practice Development Team
(02) 6287 8099