70-75% of billings
Free accommodation available in a 2 bedroom cottage on a property just 15 mins from Health Hub
Rewarding and varied, rural patient base
1. Work with the Director AUGP to provide effective, timely advice and briefings to the Director General, Deputy Director Generals, Executive and management on matters related to primary health care services. The GP Policy advisors role will focus on the development and review of policy that effects or interfaces with primary care.
2. Liaise closely with Office of Clinical Leadership, the General Practice Liaison Unit, the Executive Directors of Strategic Policy, Health Planning and Population Health, and at a senior level with other areas in ACT Health, Canberra Health Services, other ACT Government agencies, health professionals, consumers and other stakeholders.
3. Participate in planning and decision making related to the setting of strategic goals and targets for the ACT primary health care system.
4. Along with the Directors of the Academic Unit of General Practice and the GP Liaison, take a lead role in maintaining productive relationships between ACT Health, General Practice, Capital Health Network and other service providers.
5. Represent General Practice, on behalf of ACT Health, in liaison, negotiation and information sharing with government providers, consumers, and other agencies at meetings and conferences. Represent General Practice to ACT Health during policy development and implementation to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
6. Work with the APS to deliver policy so that the impact upon General Practice is understood and considered to reduce duplication of services across the health sector and so that ACT Health can capitalise on general practice skills to deliver the policy.
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of practice.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the policy, legislative and operational framework of primary health care in Australia, especially as it relates to General Practice.
2. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Conceptual, analytical and policy development skills of a very high order including innovative approaches to strategic problem solving, especially in relation to integration and care coordination within and across health systems.
4. Experience in liaison and negotiation with a range of government, non-government and community-based organisations.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
4 Bowes Street
Phillip ACT 2606
This is a GP locum position from May13th,2019 to June 10,2019
Full time / part time General Practitioner to provide comprehensive medical coverage for patients of all ages
We are looking for a GP,initially 2-3 days a week
Saleried position, must be VR
30 Scotts Crossing
Canberra ACT 2608
We are looking for a VR GP to join a team of patient outcome focused doctors to provide quality clinical care. We offer an immediate substaintial patient base. Immediate start. Full time and part time positions available. Successful candidates will require to hold a current unrestricted registration with AHPRA and a current Medical Indemnity.
We are looking for a part time or full time registered GP to join our well and long established busy family practice
Essential criteria: Current unrestricted registration as a GP with AHPRA, Evidence of fellowship of RACGP or Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or vocational registration, evidence of Current Medical Indemnity Insurance as a GP
We are looking for a VR GP. The candidate should have a focus on providing quality general practice care. The practice will always be very supportive to the successful candidate, ensuring a rewarding career in a team enviroment.
- Established practice with substantial patient base. Immediate/delayed start is available.
- Allied health, nurses, pathology on-site. Radiology 100 m. Practice located on Canberra Light Rail route.
- GP/Specialist clinical presentation sessions on-site. Various social events.
- Comprehensive administrative support, fully computerised and accredited.
- GP's have full autonomy re: clinical decision-making, patient load and are supported regarding holidays.
Interchange General Practice has been funded by the ACT Government to establish a new Practice in Tuggeranong.
We are looking for a Vocationally Registered GP to lead the new Practice as its Clinical Director. The Clinical Director provides clinical leadership, supervises and, as necessary, carries out teaching of registrars and supervises the Practice Nurse. The successful applicant would work 6-10 sessions per week.
The Interchange General Practice is unique in Canberra in its non-judgmental approach to primary care which has been its guiding vision for several decades. During that time, we have gradually taken on an increasing share of the burden of looking after the severely disadvantaged in Canberra. We manage a significant proportion of the drug-dependent community in Canberra. We have been pioneers in the community-based care of HIV and Hepatitis C in Canberra and was also involved in the introduction of pre-exposure prophylaxis of HIV in Canberra. We have provided care to the LGBTI community for many decades and were amongst the first general practices to provide transgender health care in Canberra.
The Interchange General Practice has also provided mentorship and teaching roles for many decades. We have trained many generations of GP registrars and had also been heavily involved in the PGPPP program for the placement of interns in general practice. We also provide training to medical students and student nurses. Amongst the staff at the Interchange General Practice are some of the senior GP academics in Canberra.
The grant by the ACT Government allows us to set up a branch practice with the same philosophy of care for residents of south Canberra.
Amongst essential criteria for the successful applicant would be a passion for working with the disadvantaged, vocational registration, an ability to work as part of a team and to work within the management structure of the practice. Desirable, though not essential qualities, would include experience at working with drug dependency and experience with teaching. We would anticipate that the successful applicant would work at the Interchange General Practice at Canberra City for some months to get experience of our practice culture and to get support and familiarization with the tasks of the Clinical Director.
We will guarantee a minimum sessional income for an initial period and will provide a generous Clinical Director stipend which is matched to experience and sessions worked. We anticipate that salary sacrifice will be available, as may relocation and accommodation assistance.
The successful applicant will receive substantial administrative and clinical support from Interchange General Practice’s principal location in Canberra City
Watson General Practice is looking to welcome another friendly Fellowed GP to the team, to work full or part-time to help look after our loyal patients. Work-life balance and finding meaning and enjoyment in our work are essential to us all. There is the option of assisting with teaching with our new GP Registrar in February, but not essential. Experience is preferred but not essential and recently fellowed GPs are encouraged to apply. Sense of humour would gain bonus points. Would suit a Canberra local or someone looking to move here for a change (Drs Andrew Palfreman and Lynda Newman are both originally from Melbourne and liked it so much they've had families here). Dr Palfreman likes it so much he just bought the practice! Start date and workload would be up to you.