1. Work with the Director AUGP to provide effective, timely advice and briefings to the Director General, Deputy Director Generals, Executive and management on matters related to primary health care services. The GP Policy advisors role will focus on the development and review of policy that effects or interfaces with primary care.
2. Liaise closely with Office of Clinical Leadership, the General Practice Liaison Unit, the Executive Directors of Strategic Policy, Health Planning and Population Health, and at a senior level with other areas in ACT Health, Canberra Health Services, other ACT Government agencies, health professionals, consumers and other stakeholders.
3. Participate in planning and decision making related to the setting of strategic goals and targets for the ACT primary health care system.
4. Along with the Directors of the Academic Unit of General Practice and the GP Liaison, take a lead role in maintaining productive relationships between ACT Health, General Practice, Capital Health Network and other service providers.
5. Represent General Practice, on behalf of ACT Health, in liaison, negotiation and information sharing with government providers, consumers, and other agencies at meetings and conferences. Represent General Practice to ACT Health during policy development and implementation to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
6. Work with the APS to deliver policy so that the impact upon General Practice is understood and considered to reduce duplication of services across the health sector and so that ACT Health can capitalise on general practice skills to deliver the policy.
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of practice.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the policy, legislative and operational framework of primary health care in Australia, especially as it relates to General Practice.
2. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Conceptual, analytical and policy development skills of a very high order including innovative approaches to strategic problem solving, especially in relation to integration and care coordination within and across health systems.
4. Experience in liaison and negotiation with a range of government, non-government and community-based organisations.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
4 Bowes Street
Phillip ACT 2606
This is a GP locum position from May13th,2019 to June 10,2019
Full time / part time General Practitioner to provide comprehensive medical coverage for patients of all ages
We are looking for a GP,initially 2-3 days a week
Saleried position, must be VR
30 Scotts Crossing
Canberra ACT 2608
We are looking for a VR GP to join a team of patient outcome focused doctors to provide quality clinical care. We offer an immediate substaintial patient base. Immediate start. Full time and part time positions available. Successful candidates will require to hold a current unrestricted registration with AHPRA and a current Medical Indemnity.
We are looking for a part time or full time registered GP to join our well and long established busy family practice
Essential criteria: Current unrestricted registration as a GP with AHPRA, Evidence of fellowship of RACGP or Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or vocational registration, evidence of Current Medical Indemnity Insurance as a GP
We are looking for a F/T or P/T VR doctor to join us at our newly established Coombs Clinic.