- General medical services, similar to services provided in mainstream general practice, for clients impacted by past or current substance use and their families
- Management and care coordination of longer term medical conditions within the context of substance use or dependence, including specialist referral and participation in case conferences as required
- Assessment of pharmacotherapy needs, and prescription of opiate replacement therapies
- Provision of education and information regarding healthy lifestyle choices that will improve health and wellbeing
- Advocacy with other health and community services to ensure accessible care relevant to the person’s health conditions and social circumstances
- MBBS, or equivalent, current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or equivalent
- Past experience working in a general practice setting, particularly with vulnerable populations
- Recognised opiate replacement prescriber, or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated skills and experience in management of chronic and acute medical conditions, in particular those associated with alcohol, tobacco and other drug issues, and minor procedures as is generally associated with general practice medicine
- Understanding of Primary Health Care principles and impact of the social determinants of health on vulnerable people
- Ability to work within an outreach environment
- Ability and a commitment to effectively engage with staff, and with clients from a marginalised background, in a non-judgemental courteous and respectful manner
All appointments are conditional upon a satisfactory AFP Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and Australian citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.
21 Bowes Street
GP - full or part-time
Looking for a vocationally registered GP with RACGP or ACRRM.
Appropriate experience in a broad range of general practice who can work independently.
Good communication skills with patients and staff.
- VR GP to join a team of dedicated doctors delivering the highest standard of medical care.
We are looking for a General Practioner VR FT/PT to join our family friendly practice in Deakin for 2020.
We are looking for VR General Practitioner at Gungahlin Medical Centre who would like to work in collegial atmosphere with a great team. We have been established 20 years in Gungahlin at a private medical centre (non-corporate). DPA available and 3 months guaranteed pay.
We are seeking a F/T or P/T GP to join our team at Hobart Place General Practice.
General Practitioner | Gungahlin ACT
A guaranteed income of $140/hour in the first 3 months or 75% of billings(whichever is higher)
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery or an Australian/Overseas equivalent recognised by the Australian Medical Council
- Current unrestricted registration as a General Practitioner with AHPRA.
- Evidence of fellowship of RACGP or Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or vocational registration.
- Evidence of Current Medical Indemnity Insurance as a General Practitioner
Benefits and Perks
- Parking Available
- Free Wifi Access
- Flexible Working Hours
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Perfect Location for you and your Family
- Cosmopolitan and Multicultural Environment
Alternatively, please contact the Principal/Practice Manager on Admin'at'marketplacemedicalcentre.com.au with your latest CV, Queries welcome.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract