LiveHealthyCanberra is a comprehensive directory of Canberra based programs and services related to improving opportunities for Canberra residents to make healthy lifestyle choices.
LiveHealthyCanberra features Canberra based programs and services which have a focus on the prevention of chronic disease risk factors. Programs and services included on the directory are aimed at assisting in the prevention and management of lifestyle related chronic disease, such as Cardiovascular Disease, Type 2 Diabetes or Obesity.
As a practitioner LiveHealthyCanberra will help you to:
- locate Physical Activity opportunities close to where the client lives or works
- find an activity that suits the particular physical needs of a patient - such as a local walking group
- search for more clinical opportunities to improve capacity for physical activity, such as Hydrotherapy
- find a Dietitan, Nutritionist or healthy eating program to assist a patient with learning how to make better choices around food and nutrition
- locate a Diabetes Educator who can assist someone to better manage their Diabetes diagnosis
- link patients with groups that might assist them to get out and be more active through social participation
For more information on how LiveHealthyCanberra can help you as a Health Professional visit the Health Professionals page on the website.
LiveHealthyCanberra was established by Capital Health Network, the ACT's Primary Health Network and has been developed with the support of ACT Health as part of the Healthy Weight Initiative.