Brought to you by the National Asthma Council Australia as part of the Asthma Best Practice for Health Professionals Program
The Spirometry Training Course provides comprehensive training in the application, measurement and interpretation of expiratory spirometry in general practice. The interactive workshop includes hands-on components to allow participants to apply their new knowledge in a practical setting.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the role of spirometry in primary care
- Develop practical skills to recognise and perform high quality spirometry
- Understand interpretation and clinical implications of spirometry results, including differential diagnosis
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the importance of spirometer quality assurance and its implementation
- Learn strategies to incorporate spirometry testing systematically into routine clinical practice
- Increase confidence in performing, understanding and implementing spirometry
This complimentary course is open to GPs and practice nurses. Participants will be required to complete pre-reading. There are limited places available for this course so register early.