The Practice Nurse works collaboratively with the Doctors, Practice Manager, Directors, other Nurses and Medical Receptionists.
The major purpose of this position is to enhance the quality and delivery of health care by providing nursing services in the context of general practice and to maintain confidentiality of all information.
The Practice Nurse reports to the Practice Manager and Directors.
The registered nurse has primary responsibility for the following nurse duties:
- Vaccine storage and cold chain management adhering to National Vaccine Guidelines Strive 4 Five
- Infection Control by adhering to The RACGP Infection prevention and control standards for general practices and other office-based and community-based practices (5th edition)
- Ordering of Government Vaccines
- Pathology Stock Ordering
- Medical consumables stock ordering
- Sterilising processes – correct operation and training of staff on how to process instruments
- Clinical waste
- Care planning for Chronic Disease Management and Health Assessments as per Medicare guidelines
- Maintaining PPE
- Recall and reminders
The Following Responsibilities are adheared by all nursing staff at Tuggeranong Square Medical Practice.
- Provide clinical nursing services in the general practice context through:
- Therapeutic care and treatment
- Diagnostic management
- Clinical data management
- Assist the general practice to meet relevant standards and legislative requirements in:
- Management of clinical records
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Infection control following the guidelines The RACGP Infection prevention and control standards for general practices and other office-based and community-based practices (5th edition)
- Cold Chain monitoring in conjuction with other nurses
- adhering to The National Vaccine Guidelines Strive 4 Five Practice accreditation
Improve patient health outcomes through:
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Patient education
- Health screening
- Patient recalls and follow-up
Coordinate patient services through:
- Planning and management of care
- Optimising communication between doctors, patients and services
- Patient advocacy
- Networking with other services
- Other duties as required consistent with the Practice Nurse’s skills and qualifications
Essential Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification and registration certificate
- Professional indemnity cover
- Minimum of one year nursing experience
- Demonstrate understanding of the needs of general practice and interest in community-based nursing including patient education and health promotion
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment and drugs
- Competence in the use of relevant equipment and software
- Experience in similar role as Practice Nurse or community-based nursing
- Experience with specific social groups serviced by practice e.g. adolescents, aged care, migrant or refuge groups, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, etc
- Additional qualifications e.g. Accredited Women’s Health Certificate, Diabetes Education Certificate, Asthma/Spirometry Qualification/Education
- Training or experience in Medicare item numbers and health funds
- Member of APNA
- Proficient in use of keyboard and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Expected Behaviours and Personal Attributes
- Support the practice team with respect
- Demonstrate patient-focused approach to service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, across all ages and social groups
- Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and ability to prioritise and organise, with attention to detail
- Ability to work within limited timeframes
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and compliance with all relevant legislation and common law obligations affecting nursing
- Discharge duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability for nursing actions
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedural guidelines that have legal implications e.g. ensure documentation conforms to legal requirements
- Practice only within the limits of their educational preparation and competence
- Identify and respond to unsafe practice e.g. implement interventions to prevent unsafe practice and/or contravention of law
- Always be well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging
- Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times
- Undertake all duties in a diligent manner with honesty and integrity
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information
This position requires physical ability to occasionally lift and/or move patients.
We are looking for a registered nurse to work in our medical practice. We are located at the busy Gungahlin Marketplace Shopping Centre.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and who understands the responsibilities and challenges expected out of a busy working environment.
Previous experience in a similar role will be an advantage but not mandatory. The working hours are negotiable for this position. Minimum 3 days a week, Salary is not a bar for a suitable candidate and can be negotiated.
You can apply to us with your resume containing at least 2 referees.
For any questions, call us on 02 51008788 (Practice Manager/Principal)
Experienced Registered Nurse required. General Practice experience desirable though training can be given to the suitable applicant. Duties include Immunisation, wound care, triage, INR , Spirometry, assisting with procedures, and CDM
Practice Nurse (RN/EN)
The Junction Youth Health Service
Part-time, fixed term until June 30, 2019 (with possibility of extension)
1 day per week
The core mission of Anglicare (NSW South, NSW West & ACT) is to break the cycle of intergenerational poverty for children, young people and families. We have a particular focus on serving vulnerable communities in the ACT and regional, rural NSW.
The Junction is a leading primary health service that offers a flexible and holistic approach to support young people in all aspects of their health and well-being, with a particular focus on young people who are homeless or otherwise at risk.
Anglicare is currently seeking an energetic and highly-motivated individual to contribute to the team as a practice nurse. The successful applicant will work as part of a multidisciplinary approach to provide health support services to young people aged 12 to 25.
This position offers enormous job satisfaction and the opportunity to work within a growing and dynamic organisation that values professional development opportunities. If you are an enthusiastic and flexible team player who is passionate about working with young people in a holistic health setting then we’d love to hear from you.
A tertiary qualification in nursing and AHPRA registration is required, alongside experience working with vulnerable and traditionally disadvantaged patient groups.
The RN salary range is $79 000 to $89 000 (pro rata part-time) plus 9.5% employer superannuation guarantee. The EN salary range is $62 000 to $71 000 (pro rata part-time) plus 9.5% employer superannuation guarantee.
Generous salary packaging benefits are available under Anglicare’s PBI status. Anglicare also offers other benefits including additional personal leave and paid parental leave.
Applicants will be required to undertake the psychometric profiling instrument – SafeSelectTM and also undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to an offer of employment.
The Position Description, including Key Requirements and the Application Form can be obtained from Anglicare’s website www.anglicare.com.au/about-us/careers
For all enquiries, please contact Julie Grant on (02) 6232 2423 (during business hours) or email julie.grant [at] anglicare.com.au
If you want to join Anglicare team, please send your written application addressing all Key Requirements to the email address listed
Level 2, 30 Scotts Crossing
· Immunisations and Vaccinations
· Health Assessments
· Cold Chain Management
· Infection Control
· Wound care
· Ordering of medical supplies & stock rotation
· Recalls and Reminders
· Provision of appropriate information and education to patients
· Ensuring a friendly and professional service is provided to patients
Essential selection criteria:
· Registered Nurse
· Excellent knowledge of General Practice Nursing including GP management plans , Immunisations, Catch up programs, Diabetes & Asthma Cycle of Care
· Strong focus on patient needs and outcomes
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer skills
· Knowledge of Best practice
· A vigilant attention to detail
· Friendly, professional, empathic, mature and courteous nature
· Ability to work harmoniously as part of a team and also independently without supervision
· Reliable, punctual, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise duties