Applications are called for the position of Practice Manager at Bungendore Medical Centre. We are looking for a person who will be able to develop the business model and structure to enhance service delivery to the community. The position has been tailored to 3 days per week, however 4 days may be an option. The position requires the services of a motivated and client centred manager to ensure all the financial and operation support services are performed in a timely and efficient manner to support the clinical staff. Desirable - General Practice background an advantage
We are a medical practice looking for receptionists with good communication skills, phone etiquettes and lots of sympathy for sick people. Successful candidate will be caring, patient and helpful to people in the waiting room. Practice opening hours are 8am - 6 pm and flexibility with working hours is an essential criteria.
Previous reception experience is essential.
Purpose of the position
To organise appointments, maintain records and other tasks in order to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the practice and provide an exceptional standard of care to our patients.
Responsibilities The following duties are to be carried out in conjunction with the Practice Policy and Procedures manual where applicable.
- Open and Close clinic as per set procedure.
- To greet patients and other callers at the Practice in a courteous and efficient manner.
- To answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- To make appointments for patients following set procedures.
- To issue patients invoices/receipts and bulk bill as required.
- To enter and update patient registrations and patient Notes in computer.
- To deal with referring doctors, hospital staff, pharmacists etc courteously and helpfully.
- Transfer test result calls to nurse or take message.
- Take prescription requests.
- Attend to account queries if possible or refer problem to Practice Manager.
- To exercise confidentiality in regard to patient care and all aspects of the practice.
- Ensure abnormal result policy is adhered to.
- Maintain reception area in a tidy and welcoming manner.
- Assist doctor, nurses and trials team by making phone calls, photocopying etc.
- Check and handle internal emails.
- Read communication book.
- Preparing and recording outgoing mail and posting daily.
- Open and distribute incoming mail.
- Scanning and/or filing patient correspondence, results etc.
- Maintain patient information, updating current information, linking family members and unlinking independent children, archiving.
- Batching Medicare and Veterans Affairs.
- Balance daily receipts.
- Ensure Back up hard drive changed daily and recorded.
- To actively participate in general staff meetings.
- To attend training sessions in-house and external courses when required.
- General housekeeping such as tidying and cleaning of waiting room etc. when necessary.
- To undertake other duties as required from time to time by the Practice Manager, Nurses, Doctor and Trials team.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety principles including infection control.
- Consistently be aware of OHS requirements and comply with them.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of an accredited medical receptionist course/ knowledge of medical terminology.
- Minimum of two year’s experience with Genie software working as front desk medical reception, preferably in a specialist medical practice.
Answering telephone calls
Booking and managing patient appointments
Billing for services provided
Managing correspondences and faxes
Providing administrative support to Specialists and Practice Manager
General administrative duties
Administration duties include:
Maintain computer software and hardware. Liaise with IT personnel to schedule maintenance, upgrade or replace equipment
Management of insurance reports
Ordering of practice supplies and equipment and organising all maintenance. Liaising with all service providers and organising new ones as needed
Liaising with Medicare, batching, submitting and resubmitting claims as needed
Experience is essential.