Are you a collaborative leader/manager with experience in customer service looking for the next challenge in your career? This is your opportunity for:
- Locally based work and family-friendly hours
- A supportive and friendly work environment
- A role with a genuine impact on and connection with the local community
Come join our Erindale Healthcare team in Wanniassa in this rewarding Practice Manager role, where you will provide quality services to doctors and patients, and ensure the smooth day to day operation of our busy medical practice, through:
- Establishing good rapport with Doctors
- Leading and developing your reception and nursing team
- Maintaining staff rosters
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Managing the financials of the Medical Centre including end of month reports, patient billings and cash collections
- Managing patient records
- Maintaining a professional and friendly work environment
Do you have the qualities that we are looking for?
- Previous experience in leadership/ management and customer service
- An understanding of business operations in the healthcare industry (highly desirable)
- A caring and collaborative approach to customer service
- A sense of urgency, compassion and professionalism
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and team motivation skills
- Proven multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
We have a great opportunity for you to work as a full-time Practice Manager. You will join a friendly and welcoming team, with ongoing training and career opportunities through our large network of medical centres around Australia. This role also has the added support and development of mentorship provided by a nearby PM. Erindale Healthcare provides a diverse range of services to a diverse mix of patients, and is easily accessible with parking available onsite.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for your next career move, then come join Australia's premium operator of Medical Centres.
To manage a busy medical practice in Gungahlin, the fastest growing area in Canberra
Required Senior Medical receptionist full time or part time
Essential criteria - Previous work experience as medical receptionist
Experienced medical receptionists are required for this brand-new medical centre located in the suburb of Greenway. The centre is beautiful with the latest technology and owned by a well known group of friendly local general practitioners.
Permanent and casual shifts are available and would suit medical receptionists who want the “shared work” flexibility.
The centre is also looking for Team Leaders (medical receptionists who have leadership skills and 5 + years in general practice. The centre will be open 7 days per week.
Skills and experience required:
- 3-5 years general medical practice experience
- Medical software experience – Best Practice desirable
- Resume demonstrating stable work history including general practice experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Contribution to team requirements
- Must be able to multi skill
- Knowledge of RACGP accreditation standards (or willing to learn)
- CPR certification
- Knowledge of triage
- Ability to comfort patients and anticipate their anxieties or questions
- Must be friendly and want to work in a team environment
- Proactive and “can do” attitude”
- Experience in recalls, reminders and health assessments bookings
- Managing doctors’ appointment books and foresee problems
Please send an application letter and resume to nicky [at] nickyjardine.com
- Which position you are applying for i.e. Team Leader or medical receptionist
- Hours and days’, you can work
- Written application outlining experience in all skills required
Must be able to start mid to late September 2019
Your opportunity to work in a vibrant in a mental health facility.
Job purpose: To be an integral part of the smooth running of PsychSessions psychology clinics through fulfilling Reception and Admin duties in support of our clients, as well as our team of psychologists and clinical psychologists.
Duties: Reception principally involves handling both phone and email enquires regarding the scheduling of appointments, including the intake of new clients, as well as some face-to-face reception of clients in the Deakin clinic, such as taking payments. Administration involves a wide range of tasks including reconciling payments, following up aged receivables, ordering supplies, assisting with making sure the clinics are clean safe places to attend appointments to work.
- 9am-4:30pm, (including lunch break 30min lunch break)
- Full or Part-time
- some work at the Canberra City clinic depending on operational demands
- occasional Saturday and evening overtime work is also available (optional)
- Excellent verbal and social skills in talking to a wide range of people on the phone and face-to-face, including people with mental illnesses.
- Administration skills, including assisting with financial checking, reconciling and problem-solving, taking minutes at meetings
- Quick computer skills with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Professional approach.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Previous experience is desirable, but not essential.
Please send your CV and application letter to: reception [at] psychsessions.com.au
24/70 Kent Street
Deakin ACT 2600
Our rapidly expanding general practice based on the Northside of Canberra in Marketplace Gungahlin is actively seeking to appoint a dynamic and reliable Medical Receptionist to join our team. The role is casual, you could be rostered between 8:30am and 7:00pm (Monday-Sunday).
This is a fast-paced role that would best suit a tech savvy candidate who is able to manage multiple tasks with confidence. Solid organizational and time management skills are critical to your success in a role such as this.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Meet and greet of all patients
- Taking all incoming calls, attend to general patient enquiries, receiving and responding to all incoming emails and fax requests in a timely manner
- Co-ordinating patient appointments
- Running patient clinics and processing of all clinic billing & receipting
- Liaising closely with the staff for patient procedural bookings and arranging patient recall appointments
- General administration support as required
The successful applicant will be customer service focused, have medical billing skills with a pleasant phone manner. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both alone and as part of a team are essential as well as a keen interest in developing new and improved systems used by the team.
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered, you will have:
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Computer literacy and data entry skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of patient confidentiality and patient billing.
- Immaculate personal presentation with a 'can do' attitude and friendly demeanour
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding patient care and service to patients, please apply here or call Keith directly on 02 51008788.
Visit Us at
Marketplace Medical Centre Gungahlin
Shop 53/33 Hibberson Street
Gungahlin ACT 2912
Job Type: Casual