As Practice Manager your role is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the service entity OrthoapedicsACT.
In a broader sense you will be required to supervise all staff to ensure patients that present to our offices are treated in a courteous and efficient manner as they source medical advice and treatment with us.
In recognition of your skill, experience and ability to work autonomously you will be expected to take a leadership role and will be required to monitor staff performance and provide support and assistance as required. And which may include providing professional development opportunities or implementing disciplinary actions.
The success of Orthoapedics ACT relies on the maintnance of quality communications, marketing and business partnerships, each which require ongoing management.
With an eye on business growth you will be required to coordinate and provide reports for the monthly director meetings, looking for ways of improving and/or growing the business.
As required you will be called upon to assist with the mentoring and training of new staff and may be asked to assist in other rooms with little notice when unexpected staff absences arise.
- Responsibility 1 –Customer Service Ensure all staff employed by the service entity OrthopaedicsACT provides our patients with a level of care and customer service that is reflective of our premium position as a speciality medical practice whilst communicating on the phone or in face-to-face situations.
Work standard – Undertake patient relations in a professional and caring manner.
- Responsibility 2 –Internal stakeholder relations (staff) Manage the recruitment, supervision and training of staff, including leave and rostering.
Work standard – Aspire to complete or delegate tasks to ensure efficient running of room
- Responsibility 3 –External stakeholder relations (Communications/Marketing/ Business relations) Maintain quality external stakeholder relations by overseeing communications, collateral production, advertising placements, listings, web.
- Responsibility 4 –Business Processes & Growth: Contribute to the overall business success of OrthopaedicsACT by maintaining an awareness of the broader team that works around you, and extend assistance when needed. For example: providing support when someone is away; or their workload has backed up; or accepting positions on various task rosters.
Work standard – Complete the tasks to the best of your skill set and ability thus demonstrating teamwork, initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
Completed Diploma or Degree (any field)
Certificate in Medical Terminology
Certificate/Diploma in Practice Management
Work experience & skills
Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Experience working in a reception environment
Experience with HR
Experience within a medical environment
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
Intrinsic desire to assist people
Strong written and vertbal communication skills
Attention to detail
We are looking for a bright and bubbly receptionist for our family friendly practice. Experience not necessary but looked upon highly.
The position is casual (30-35 hours per week + some Saturdays).
Duties will include:
- booking appointments
- taking calls for all types of requests and following up appropriately and efficiency
- invoicing and receipting appointments
- greeting patients into the practice
- general front desk reception duties
- maintaining appearance and cleanliness of practice and front desk
- simple stock take maintenance
- supporting practice manager with admin duties as required.
The ability to be friendly and engage in conversation with patients and other visitors to the practice will be looked upon with high regard as we take pride in maintaining ongoing relationships with our patients and providing a happy and welcoming practice,
The ability to work on your own and carry out duties autonomously is also regarded highly, as the position requires a level of responsibility and professionalism.
You will also be required to be flexible to work a range of different shifts in conjuction with the other receptionist including Tuesday evenings and some Saturdays.
Role and Responsibility
- Greeting patients and other visitors to the Practice
- Handling and directing all inbound calls and patient enquiries
- Front desk reception duties
- Handling of incoming mail and preparation of mail to send
- Processing simple patient requests as required
- Maintaining appearance of front office and kitchen area
- Supporting the Practice Manager with administration duties as required
- Other ad hoc administration as required
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional customer service skills and a can-do attitude
- Experience working in the medical profession or similar reception role
- Excellent personal communication skills with an ability to relate to people at different levels and from different backgrounds
- Impeccable self-presentation
- Prior experience in healthcare services
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in using office systems such as filing, petty cash and banking
- Experience with patient / customer enquiries
An exciting position has become available for an experienced, friendly and dynamic Practice Manager / Team Leader to manage the reception and administration functions of a Podiatry Practice team, ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective business practices. The role is multifaceted and requires someone with strong administrative / managerial skills, high level business acumen accompanied by a passion for the Allied Health / Medical industry.
As Practice Manager / Team Leader you will be required to manage and oversee the day to day operations of the practice. You, along with the team will interact well with patients and industry representatives visiting the practice and will be outstanding in your deliverance of customer care. You will demonstrate extensive experience managing a private Podiatry / Allied Health / Specialist practice. You will have exceptional communication skills and a proven ability to build strong positive relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all practice management activities associated with reception, administrative and billing functions, including the provision of efficient and effective services, appointment scheduling, monitoring of workflow and workloads, rostering and billing.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional end to end customer service and continuously review the environment for improvements.
- Demonstrate great leadership and develop team skills and professional capabilities through performance appraisals, training, succession planning to ensure retention, professional grown and personal contribution of employees.
- Human resource management activities including recruitment and selection, induction, training / learning and performance management.
- Oversee and manage ordering of stock.
- Implementation of exceptional business practices including the achievement of key billing and productivity indicators.
- Ensuring the documentation of procedures for relevant Practice Management functions.
- Identifying areas of customer dissatisfaction and solution resolution and managing escalated complaints.
- Increase business activity through marketing activities and providing a quality service.
- Up to date knowledge of government incentives and initiatives.
- Implement SOP’s.
- Liaise with Medicare and other external agencies as required.
- Ensure that processes, policies and procedures are created and followed to guarantee a consistent level of service to patients, doctors and clients.
Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV in Practice Management or diploma highly desirable
- Must have at least 3-4 years of experience in practice management
- High level technology proficiency with intermediate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- Evidence of effective business / practice management - Medical industry highly desirable
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a managerial capacity within a Allied Health / Medical practice
- Proven experience and a successful record of business / practice performance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders of the business / practice
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with HiCAPS, Medicare, NDIS, DVA, Third Party and Workers Compensation billing
This is a unique opportunity for an approachable, enthusiastic and driven leader. If you are an experienced Practice Manager with proven leadership experience within an Allied Health or Medical environment and have a passion for the healthcare industry, apply today at michelle [at] canberrapodiatry.com.au
Wattle Street Medical Practice is looking for a Casual Medical Receptionist. The position is for approximately 25 hours a week more or less.
Your roles as a medical receptionist include but not limited to:
- To assist our practitioners access resources in a timely manner
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Responding to all patient enquires
- Making appointments and answering incoming calls in a friendly, professional manner
- Issuing patients with invoices and receipts as well as bulk-billing
- Taking messages accurately for other team members
- Working as a part of a team
Skills and experience
- Working in a team environment.
- Previous medical reception experience highly regarded.
- Previous experience with Best Practice software would be an advantage.
- A professional, patient, and courteous manner.
- Excellent articulation and telephone etiquette.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a busy environment.
- Strong computer skills.
If you would like to work with a dedicated team of medical professionals and apply for this position, please send your CV and supportive cover letter to Anita Segal (email contact details below).
A position is available for an enthusiastic and motivated person who is committed to good patient care and working within a friendly and professional team. This is a casual/part-time position. The successful person will have key qualities of:
- previous medical receptionist experience is preferred but not necessary
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate sensitively with patients and with a caring attitude
- ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- sound computer skills and experience with Best Practice clinical software is desired but not necessary
- well presented, friendly and reliable, and
- able to work effectively in a team environment