We are looking for a Practice Manager to lead our team . The role will be for 20 hours a week, over 3-4 days.You will oversee the day to day running of the practice including:
- Managing the Admin Staff, including training, rostering, recruitment of new staff
- Administration of the practice
- Appointment book management
- Regular updating of the policies & procedures
- Supporting our Medical Staff
- Stock management
- IT troubleshooting
- Financial management (in co-operation with our book keeper)
- Experience with Best Practice Software desirable
Your opportunity to work in a vibrant in a mental health facility.
Job purpose: To be an integral part of the smooth running of PsychSessions psychology clinics through fulfilling Reception and Admin duties in support of our clients, as well as our team of psychologists and clinical psychologists.
Duties: Reception principally involves handling both phone and email enquires regarding the scheduling of appointments, including the intake of new clients, as well as some face-to-face reception of clients in the Deakin clinic, such as taking payments. Administration involves a wide range of tasks including reconciling payments, following up aged receivables, ordering supplies, assisting with making sure the clinics are clean safe places to attend appointments to work.
- 9am-4:30pm, (including lunch break 30min lunch break)
- Full or Part-time
- some work at the Canberra City clinic depending on operational demands
- occasional Saturday and evening overtime work is also available (optional)
- Excellent verbal and social skills in talking to a wide range of people on the phone and face-to-face, including people with mental illnesses.
- Administration skills, including assisting with financial checking, reconciling and problem-solving, taking minutes at meetings
- Quick computer skills with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Professional approach.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Previous experience is desirable, but not essential.
Please send your CV and application letter to: reception [at] psychsessions.com.au
24/70 Kent Street
Deakin ACT 2600
Capital Neurosurgery requires a permanent part-time medical secretary Wed-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm starting 12 June 2019.
The role includes:
- working as part of a supportive team in a friendly and positive environment
- undertaking a diverse range of administrative duties
- being part of a dynamic and evolving practice providing high quality medical care
Duties and responsibilities include:
- editing and responding to correspondence
- answering calls and booking appointments
- reception and billing of patients attending appointments
- organising hospital admissions and surgery bookings
- general administrative duties as required by the practice and doctors
- confident computer skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- high standard of professionalism including confidentiality and empathy with patients
- self motivation, efficiency and ability to work well with others
- flexibility and willingness to learn new procedures
- medical experience desirable but not essential
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Enquiries: call Carolyn (Business Manager) Tuesdays or Thursdays on 02 6260 4680 or send an email to the contact email address below.
HOW TO APPLY: email a letter of application addressing the selection criteria and CV to the email address in the contact details below.
Emails without a letter of application will not be considered. Please note that we are looking for dedicated long term career administrative staff and therefore university students looking for part-time work may not be suitable.
Our rapidly expanding general practice based on the Northside of Canberra in Marketplace Gungahlin is actively seeking to appoint a dynamic and reliable Medical Receptionist to join our team. The role is casual, you could be rostered between 8:30am and 7:00pm (Monday-Sunday).
This is a fast-paced role that would best suit a tech savvy candidate who is able to manage multiple tasks with confidence. Solid organizational and time management skills are critical to your success in a role such as this.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Meet and greet of all patients
- Taking all incoming calls, attend to general patient enquiries, receiving and responding to all incoming emails and fax requests in a timely manner
- Co-ordinating patient appointments
- Running patient clinics and processing of all clinic billing & receipting
- Liaising closely with the staff for patient procedural bookings and arranging patient recall appointments
- General administration support as required
The successful applicant will be customer service focused, have medical billing skills with a pleasant phone manner. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both alone and as part of a team are essential as well as a keen interest in developing new and improved systems used by the team.
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered, you will have:
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Computer literacy and data entry skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of patient confidentiality and patient billing.
- Immaculate personal presentation with a 'can do' attitude and friendly demeanour
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding patient care and service to patients, please apply here or call Keith directly on 02 51008788.
Visit Us at
Marketplace Medical Centre Gungahlin
Shop 53/33 Hibberson Street
Gungahlin ACT 2912
Job Type: Casual