About the role
Flexibility with working days and hours is essential, with generally an organised and set roster. However, it is envisaged that you will be required to be available for 15 hours per week, operational hours of the practice are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. The ability to assist us at short notice if other staff members are away will also be considered valuable.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being a professional and friendly face of the business in person and on the telephone
- Greeting patients
- Registering, booking and changing appointments.
Administrative duties such as:
- Attending to the emails, faxes, mail in and out
- General copying and scanning referrals and other confidential patient information
- Attending to the daily order, stocking and cleaning of consulting rooms and reception areas.
Skills and experience
1. Proven willingness to learn, with an interest in Medical / General Practice
2. Demonstrated computer literacy, preferably with Best Practice software
3. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
4. Proven experience answering telephone calls and providing exceptional customer service
5. Ability and commitment to work effectively within a team environment
6. Professional and well presented as you will be the face of the business
1. Experience working within the medical industry
2. Minimum of 1 years experience in reception or administrative roles
3. Experience working with a general practice/ and preferrably Best Practice software
4. Administration experience including use of storage and computer systems
5. Experience in microsoft office suite
6. CPR, first aid or triage experience or certificates
- free parking
- located opposite the Watson shops
- all essential medical training will be provided
- provision of uniform shirts
- salary range will be based on years of experience
We are looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our efficient, friendly and dedicated team at Wakefield Gardens Surgery on a casual basis.
- Previous experience in general practice reception essential
- Computer skills (working with Best Practice medical software)
- Ability to multi-task and work together within our team
- Be flexible to cover various shifts
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to providing excellent customer service
- Be able to provide administrative support to our clinical team
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be professional and well presented
- Be willing to do CPR course
If you feel you have the necessary skills required, please email your CV to Eleanor at
admin [at] wakefieldgardens.com.au
or phone the surgery on (02) 62574086.
Please note that only suitable candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted
Capital Neurosurgery requires a permanent part-time medical secretary Wed-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm starting 12 June 2019.
The role includes:
- working as part of a supportive team in a friendly and positive environment
- undertaking a diverse range of administrative duties
- being part of a dynamic and evolving practice providing high quality medical care
Duties and responsibilities include:
- editing and responding to correspondence
- answering calls and booking appointments
- reception and billing of patients attending appointments
- organising hospital admissions and surgery bookings
- general administrative duties as required by the practice and doctors
- confident computer skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- high standard of professionalism including confidentiality and empathy with patients
- self motivation, efficiency and ability to work well with others
- flexibility and willingness to learn new procedures
- medical experience desirable but not essential
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Enquiries: call Carolyn (Business Manager) Tuesdays or Thursdays on 02 6260 4680 or send an email to the contact email address below.
HOW TO APPLY: email a letter of application addressing the selection criteria and CV to the email address in the contact details below.
Emails without a letter of application will not be considered. Please note that we are looking for dedicated long term career administrative staff and therefore university students looking for part-time work may not be suitable.
Your opportunity to work in a vibrant in a mental health facility.
Job purpose: To be an integral part of the smooth running of PsychSessions psychology clinics through fulfilling Reception and Admin duties in support of our clients, as well as our team of psychologists and clinical psychologists.
Duties: Reception principally involves handling both phone and email enquires regarding the scheduling of appointments, including the intake of new clients, as well as some face-to-face reception of clients in the Deakin clinic, such as taking payments. Administration involves a wide range of tasks including reconciling payments, following up aged receivables, ordering supplies, assisting with making sure the clinics are clean safe places to attend appointments to work.
- 9am-4:30pm, (including lunch break 30min lunch break)
- Full or Part-time
- some work at the Canberra City clinic depending on operational demands
- occasional Saturday and evening overtime work is also available (optional)
- Excellent verbal and social skills in talking to a wide range of people on the phone and face-to-face, including people with mental illnesses.
- Administration skills, including assisting with financial checking, reconciling and problem-solving, taking minutes at meetings
- Quick computer skills with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Professional approach.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Previous experience is desirable, but not essential.
Please send your CV and application letter to: reception [at] psychsessions.com.au
24/70 Kent Street
Deakin ACT 2600
We are looking for a Practice Manager to lead our team . The role will be for 20 hours a week, over 3-4 days.You will oversee the day to day running of the practice including:
- Managing the Admin Staff, including training, rostering, recruitment of new staff
- Administration of the practice
- Appointment book management
- Regular updating of the policies & procedures
- Supporting our Medical Staff
- Stock management
- IT troubleshooting
- Financial management (in co-operation with our book keeper)
- Experience with Best Practice Software desirable