Membership of Capital Health Network is open to:
- Individuals – Primary Health Care Practitioners (General Practitioners and other Primary Health Care Clinicians)
- Organisations (Peak Bodies, Consumer Organisations and Service Provider Organisations)
- Affiliates (Individuals ineligible for membership as Primary Health Care Practitioners)
This model allows Capital Health Network to have direct engagement with those that work at the primary health care sector, service providers and representative bodies.
Individual Membership - General Practitioner (click to expand)
General Practitioner Membership of Capital Health Network is limited to General Practitioners who are registered in the medical health profession who practises, or is training, in General Practice in the Australian Capital Territory.
Individual Membership - Primary Health Care Clinician (click to expand)
Primary Health Care Clinician Membership of Capital Health Network is limited to a person who satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- 3.3.1 The person is not a General Practitioner and is a health professional involved in Primary Health Care in the Australian Capital Territory who is working in a health profession regulated by the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (ACT) Act 2010 (ACT) as at 22 November 2011.
- 3.3.2 The person is not a General Practitioner, is involved in Primary Health Care in the Australian Capital Territory and is working in a health profession approved by the Board in its absolute discretion by resolution for the purposes of this clause 3.3.2. The Board will not be required to provide any person with reasons for accepting or rejecting any health profession or health professional group under this clause 3.3.2.
A list of eligible practitioners can be found here.
Apply/update online - Primary Health Care Clinician Membership
Organisation Membership (click to expand)
Organisation Membership of Capital Health Network is open to:
- Peak Bodies: means a body (whether incorporated or unincorporated) that:
- represents persons eligible to be Members of the Company; and
- provides information dissemination services, support, coordination, advocacy, representation, and research, policy or standards development services for the persons it represents
- Service Providers: : means a body (whether incorporated or unincorporated) that provides, or undertakes education, research or policy development in, Primary Health Care in the Australian Capital Territory through employees or contractors one or more of whom are eligible for membership of the Company
Affiliate Membership (click to expand)
Individuals ineligible for membership as Primary Health Care Practitioners may become Affiliate Members of Capital Health Network.
While you are waiting for your membership form to be processed, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and subscribe to our newsletters. This will keep you up to date with upcoming events and what is happening at CHN.