What is HealthPathways?
- HealthPathways is a free online health information portal for health professionals in the ACT and Southern NSW (SNSW) regions.
- The ACT & SNSW HealthPathways program is a partnership between Capital Health Network (ACT PHN), COORDINARE (SE NSW Primary Health Network), ACT Health and SNSW Local Health District.
- Watch our Introduction to HealthPathways video.
Why Use HealthPathways?
- HealthPathways is designed to be used at the point of care to support the assessment, management and referral of patients within the localised health system.
- The pathways are underpinned by evidence-based practice and jointly developed by local general practitioners, specialists and other primary health care providers.
- The pathways are designed to improve the quality and appropriateness of referrals within the local health systems.
- The pathways are designed to support the navigation of inpatient, outpatient and community services within the local health systems.
- Watch our Integrating our Health Services video.
Access The HealthPathways Site:
- Access HealthPathways.
Our Clinical Editors and Clinical Leads guiding the development of clinical content on HealthPathways:
- Dr Janet Watterson – SNSW Clinical Lead
- Dr Louise Kenyon – ACT Clinical Lead
- Dr Corin Miller – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Tara Frommer- ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Kate Molinari – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Meghan Kendell – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Catherine Caddle – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Gina Smith – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Emma Cunningham – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Morgan Sheridan – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Wee-sian Woon – ACT Clinical Editor
The Pathway Pulse provides ACT & SNSW HealthPathways users with updates on the newly localised or reviewed pathways on the site.
The Quarterly Pathway provides ACT & SNSW HealthPathways users with latest program snippets and details of new and forthcoming pathways.
The HealthPathways Dashboard provides ACT & SNSW HealthPathways users with updates on site engagement, pathway prioritisation and pathway development.
See program dashboards.
Supporting Effective Communication and Pathways in healthcare for people with disability: a HealthPathways Approach:
As recipients of The Office for Disability 2019 I-Day Grant, the ACT & SNSW HealthPathways team developed a resource for health professionals in an effort to support effective communication and pathways in healthcare for people with disability.
The resource was developed in collaboration with focus group participants and highlights practical ideas for providers to improve the experience and the climate surrounding access to healthcare for people with disability.
Mental health presentations in general practice
In response to a reported increase in mental health presentations in general practice, the CHN Education Program and the ACT & SNSW HealthPathways team hosted an educational event which provided practical tips and tools to assist health professionals in the assessment, management and referral of mental health concerns. To see highlights from the event please take a moment to view the short video below.
Get Involved With Healthpathways And Provide Feedback
- Provide feedback on the pathways via the ‘send feedback’ button on the far right-hand corner of HealthPathways.
- Become involved with pathway development by working collaboratively with the HealthPathways clinical team.