Capital Health Network (CHN) is committed to ensuring people who access PHN-funded services receive the right services in the right place. CHN collaborates with service providers to ensure the delivery of metal health services are of exceptional quality and are responsive to the needs of the community.
CHN has a adopted a stepped care approach to the commissioning of mental health services for the ACT region and works in partnership with the mental health services sector to deliver a range of services that meet areas of identified need in the ACT.
Mental health activities commissioned include:
- Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Stepped care – Next Step
- Suicide prevention
- Child and youth specific services
- Services for people with severe and complex needs
- Services for underserviced groups
- Psychosocial supports.
Question, Persuade, Refer
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) is a suicide prevention intervention that teaches lay and professional gatekeepers to recognise and respond positively to someone exhibiting suicide warning signs and behaviours.
While informative for mental health professionals, the course and content is specifically targeted at audiences with no assumed knowledge of mental health or suicide prevention, and aims to provide them with the skills to connect someone at risk with professional support.
QPR online takes approximately 60 mins to complete and can be completed over multiple sessions. In addition, an individual who has finished QPR can continue to access the program for 3 years to refresh their skills and knowledge.
Emergency or crisis services
The PHN-funded programs do not provide emergency or crisis services. If your client is experiencing a mental health crisis, please call the ACT Health Access Mental Health on 1800 629 354 or (02) 6205 1065 (operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Helplines and online support services
- Head to Health
- Access Mental Health Team ph. 1800 629 354
- Lifeline 24/7 Crisis Line ph. 13 11 14
- Kids Help 24/7 Support Line ph. 1800 55 1800
- Mensline 24/7 Support Line ph. 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service 24/7 Support ph. 1300 659 467
- QLife Counselling and referral service for LGBTI people 3pm-12am ph. 1800 184 527
- Alcohol and Drug Support Line ACT Health 24/7 Helpline ph. (02) 5124 9977
- Domestic Violence Crisis Service 24/7 Crisis Line ph. (02) 6280 0900
- Beyond Blue 24/7 Support Service ph. 1300 22 4636
- Black Dog Institute
- Mindspot Clinic
- SANE Australia
NextStep referral forms
The Next Step referral templates are available to download for: