Digital health is an integrated part of any general practice and is increasingly prevalent in enabling secure communication between health care providers and health care organisations. A mature digital health environment within the practice provides the foundation for safe, seamless and secure access and sharing of health information across multiple disciplines at the point of care.
In 2018/19, Capital Health Network (CHN) delivered the My Health Record expansion program in the ACT on behalf of the Australian Digital Health Agency. The program focussed on My Health Record adoption activity for health care providers and consumers.
ACT PHN’s Digital Health team continues to support the uptake and use of the My Health Record in the ACT through site visits and training to:
- foster My Health Record meaningful use into clinical practice which can include awareness raising and the development and implementation of practice level policies and procedures
- empower consumers to positively participate in their health care management by contributing to and sharing their health information with their registered health care providers.
What does CHN currently offer?
- Support and training in the registration, implementation and meaningful use of the My Health Record system.
- Guidance in relation to Territory and federal Digital Health-related legislation and conformance requirements.
- Advice and support in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in relation to digital health.
- Support and training in the use of Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) and Provider Digital Access (PRODA).
- Support and training in the implementation and use of secure messaging.
- Support and training in the use of the electronic transfer of prescriptions.
- MyHealthRecord website
- Australian Government – stay smart online
- Australian Digital Health Agency – protect your healthcare business
For support in any of these areas, please contact the ACT PHN Digital Health Team on email@example.com