Digital health is an integral part of any general practice and is increasingly prevalent in enabling secure communication between health care providers and health care organisations. A mature digital health environment within the practice provides the foundation for safe, seamless, and secure access and sharing of health information across multiple disciplines at the point of care.
Capital Health Network (CHN), through the ACT PHN Program, delivered the My Health Record expansion program in the ACT on behalf of the Australian Digital Health Agency in 2018/19. The program focussed on My Health Record adoption activity for health care providers and consumers. In 2020 and beyond, CHN will continue to assist in this expansion, as well as the integration and promotion of other digital health projects and initiatives. These include electronic transfer of prescriptions, electronic prescriptions, Telehealth services, and electronic requesting for pathology.
CHN’s Digital Health Team continues to support the uptake and use of these digital health initiatives in the ACT through site visits, dissemination of information, assisting in registration for services, and training to foster meaningful use of these programs into clinical practice. This may also include awareness raising and the development and implementation of practice level policies and procedures.
What does CHN currently offer?
- Support and training in the registration, implementation and meaningful use of the My Health Record system, electronic transfer of prescriptions, electronic prescribing, electronic requesting, and Telehealth.
- Guidance in relation to Territory and Federal digital health-related legislation and conformance requirements.
- Advice and support in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in relation to digital health.
- Support and training in the use of Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) and Provider Digital Access (PRODA).
- Support and training in the implementation and use of secure messaging.
- MyHealthRecord website
- Australian Government – stay smart online
- Australian Digital Health Agency – Health Care Providers Page (this site includes links and information on all areas of digital health covered above and more.)
- RACGP Electronic Records
For support in any of these areas, please contact the CHN Digital Health Team on email@example.com