Activity Work Plans
The ACT PHN Baseline Needs Assessment (BNA) has identified local priorities which in turn have informed and guided the activities for action in the Activity Work Plans. The Activity Work Plans cover the period 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2018 and the activities correspond with the PHN Objectives. The ACT PHN Activity Work Plans articulate a set of planned activities that ACT PHN will undertake, using the PHN Needs Assessment as evidence. Activity Work Plan updates were submitted to, and agreed by, the Department of Health in April 2017.
Please click the relevant link(s) below to download the Activity Work Plans.
- ACTPHN Core Funding Activity Work Plan
- ACTPHN Mental Health Activity Work Plan
- ACTPHN Integrated Team Care Funding Activity Work Plan
- ACTPHN PHN Drug and Alcohol Treatment Activity Work Plan
- ACTPHN PHN Innovation Activity Proposal
2017/18 ACT PHN Needs Assessments
- ACT PHN Core and Mental Health Needs Assessment (reporting template)
- ACT PHN AOD Needs Assessment (reporting template)
2016/17 ACT PHN Needs Assessment Focus Areas
- Families with complex health and social needs
- People living with blood-borne viruses
- People exiting prison
- Early Childhood, Middle Years and Youth
These documents will be updated based on further feedback from stakeholders. Last updated September 2017.
2016 ACT PHN Baseline Needs Assessment (BNA)
- Baseline Needs Assessment
- Baseline Needs Assessment Chronic Disease Companion Report
- ATODA Monograph - Strengthening Specialist Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment and Support: Needs and Priorities for the ACT 2016–2017
- Primary Health Network Needs Assessment Reporting Template (Department of Health Format)
Needs assessment is a crucial step in the commissioning process. A good understanding of the current and likely future needs of the local population is critical if a suitable strategy to meet those needs is to be produced and put into practice economically, efficiently and effectively. The process for the 2016 needs assessment has been guided by the provided framework and has built on the work undertaken for the ACTML 2014 Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA), which has provided a good foundation.
2014 Comprehensive Needs Assessment
The 2014 Comprehensive Needs Assessment was an important planning tool for Capital Health Network (formerly ACT Medicare Local) - ACT's primary health organisation, and stakeholders with an interest in the state of play in health.
Full suite of documents
- CNA Overview 2014
- Chief Health Officer's Report 2014
- CNA Population Health Profile Supplement
- CNA Needs Analysis
This report, undertaken by Health Care Consumers Association (HCCA), documents the findings from consultation exploring consumer experiences with the primary health care system in the ACT.