Our Allied Health Program is designed to meet the needs of local allied health providers working in primary care. We aim to engage and support their education and practice needs, increase the level of multidisciplinary partnering to improve patient health outcomes and develop systems that enhance effectiveness, efficiency and quality in allied health service provision throughout the ACT.
Live Healthy Canberra
Capital Health Network recently launched a new easy to use online directory to connect Canberrans with physical activity programs, nutrition support services and social participation opportunities, in an effort to keep people active and well.
The LiveHealthyCanberra directory is a one stop shop connecting people in the Canberra region with programs and services that aim to improve health and reduce the risk of chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and other lifestyle related diseases.
If you have a program or service that you would like considered for inclusion on the directory, please make an application using the form found on the Registration Information Page.
LiveHealthyCanberra was established by Capital Health Network and has been developed with the support of ACT Health as part of the Healthy Weight Initiative.
Membership of Capital Health Network (CHN) is free and available to allied health professionals in the ACT, and provides a range of benefits and services.
These include information and support services on the following:
- Information on allied health MBS items
- Information on how to work more effectively with GPs and general practice
- Information on the eHealth records system, secure messaging and Healthcare Identifiers (HI) service
- Information on CHN programs
- Linkage and support for local network and association meetings. For an up-to-date listing of events, please view the calendar by clicking here.
- Human resources – We have a designated page for Allied Health Professionals to advertise positions vacant, which can be found by clicking here.
- Resource distribution and development
- Access to CHN publications such as fortnightly e-newsletters
For more information on CHN membership, including online applications and information, please click here.
How to access support
A practice development team member would be pleased to come and meet with you to find out your individual support needs and listen to your feedback and suggestions.
Ph (02) 6287 8099.