Our Allied Health Program is designed to meet the needs of local allied health providers working in primary care. We aim to engage and support their education and practice needs, increase the level of multidisciplinary partnering to improve patient health outcomes and develop systems that enhance effectiveness, efficiency and quality in allied health service provision throughout the ACT.
Membership of Capital Health Network (CHN) is free and available to allied health professionals in the ACT, and provides a range of benefits and services.
These include information and support services on the following:
- Information on allied health MBS items
- Information on how to work more effectively with GPs and general practice
- Information on the eHealth records system, secure messaging and Healthcare Identifiers (HI) service
- Information on CHN programs
- Linkage and support for local network and association meetings. For an up-to-date listing of events, please view the calendar by clicking here.
- Human resources – We have a designated page for Allied Health Professionals to advertise positions vacant, which can be found by clicking here.
- Resource distribution and development
- Access to CHN publications such as fortnightly e-newsletters
For more information on CHN membership, including online applications and information, please click here.
How to access support
A practice development team member would be pleased to come and meet with you to find out your individual support needs and listen to your feedback and suggestions.
Ph (02) 6287 8099.