The Department of Health website houses a range of useful resources and up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccines for both vaccine providers and consumers. Some are listed below.
Information for vaccine providers
- COVID-19 vaccine – Advice for vaccine providers
- Residential aged care service providers - From 17 September 2021, it will be mandatory for all residential aged care workers to have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. This page outlines the critical role of residential aged care providers and facility managers.
- COVID-19 vaccine information for disability service providers
- COVID-19 vaccine operations – This page includes information on the Vaccine Operations Centre. The Vaccine Operations Centre brings together Commonwealth and state and territory government efforts to manage and coordinate the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccines rollout across Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination campaign materials
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Communication Kit for general practices
- Australian COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Information for vaccine consumers
COVID-19 advice for priority populations
- Clinician Vaccine Integrated Platform - Used to manage vaccinations and report vaccination information to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). It can be used by recognised vaccination providers who do not already have clinical software that reports to the AIR. This may include medical practitioners, pharmacists, nurses and midwives
- Clinician Vaccine Integrated Platform Log-in Portal
The ACT Government made changes in 2020 to permit Registered Nurses and Midwives that have successfully completed a training course that meets the National Immunisation Education Framework for Health Professionals (December 2017) (National Education Framework) to administer certain vaccines without a prescription or standing order. These changes apply to Registered Nurses and Midwives. Enrolled nurses are not included under this legislation. To help you understand the changes, CHN has produced:
For further information on COVID-19 Vaccine pathways please see the HealthPathways pages listed below: