Integrated Team Care Program
If you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and have a chronic disease such as diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, chronic kidney disease and mental health conditions, you will be eligible for the Integrated Team Care (ITC) Program.
The ITC Program contributes towards improving health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic health conditions through access to care coordination, multidisciplinary care, support for self-management and improved access to culturally appropriate mainstream primary care services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The ITC Program can assist you with:
- understanding your chronic health condition and help develop self-management skills
- understanding of medicines
- organising medical appointments and access to specialists
- accessing some pre-approved medical aids
- facilitating connections to other community support services
- transport options in some cases
- making positive lifestyle changes to better manage your chronic disease.
Access to the program is arranged by your GP.