To access the HealthPathways site:
What is Healthpathways?
Capital Health Network has partnered with COORDINARE, ACT Health and Southern NSW Local Health District to implement HealthPathways across the ACT and Southern NSW.
HealthPathways is a free online health information portal to be used at the point of care by GPs, specialists, nurses and allied health practitioners on how to assess, manage and refer patients in a timely manner to available services. It is underpinned by evidence based practice.
Localised pathways contain clinical and referral information for local health services which are jointly developed by general practitioners, specialists and other primary health care providers. An essential element to the HealthPathways program is the establishment of clinical stream specific workgroups, enabling cultural change, by improving communication and collaboration between GPs and specialists.
Our clinical editors and clinical leads:
- Dr Janet Watterson - SNSW Clinical Lead
- Dr David Gregory - ACT Clinical Lead
- Dr Corin Miller - SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Tara Frommer- ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Konrad Reardon - SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Kate Molinari – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Jessica Sloane - ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Meghan Kendell - SNSW Clinical Editor
Benefits of using Healthpathways
- Clinician agreed pathways to help navigate the local health system.
- Improved quality and appropriateness of referrals
- Local adaption of evidence based health care and supporting clinical and patient resources
- More appropriate use of inpatient, outpatient and community services
- Introduction to HealthPathways video
- Integrating our Health Service video
Who can use the Healthpathways portal?
HealthPathways is available to all health professionals within ACT and Southern NSW. It is primarily designed for GPs and their staff but is also available for medical specialists and other health professionals for use within their scope of practice.
The portal is not designed to be used by patients or the general community, however there will be information available on the portal that GPs and other health practitioners can provide to patients during a consultation.
The Pathway Pulse will be published every two months, providing ACT and Southern NSW HealthPathways users with latest program snippets and details of new and forthcoming pathways.
The Quarterly Pathway is a new communication from the ACT & SNSW HealthPathways Program. Letting users know of newly localised or reviewed pathways on the site.
Healthpathways monthly dashboard
The HealthPathways Monthly Dashboard will be published every month, providing ACT & SNSW HealthPathways users with the program data and achievements for the previous month.
Getting involved in Healthpathways
Health practitioners are encouraged to participate in the development and refinement of their local HealthPathways in two ways:
- by becoming involved in Clinical Reference Groups (CRGs). As new pathways are chosen for development, CRGs are convened and work collaboratively to determine optimum patient care processes. You can register your interest by sending an email to healthpathways [at] chnact.org.au
- by providing feedback on the HealthPathways site using the ‘send feedback’ tab (far right corner of each HealthPathway) about the content and/or service information. By actively involving clinicians our goal is to continuously improve the HealthPathways system.
Pathway suggestions and proposals
If you are a GP, medical specialist, nurse, allied health or other health care practitioner who would like to suggest a clinical area or condition for a new pathway, please contact us either via phone (02) 6287 8099 or email: healthpathways [at] chnact.org.au